Decades of Local Newspaper donated to the Library

Wolf River Media, LLC, has donated to the Oconto Falls Community Library its collection of Gillett Times, Oconto Falls Herald and Oconto Falls Times-Herald. The newspapers, dating back to 1922, chronicles decades of community life in Oocnto County. The Shellman family acquired the Herald in 1929 and the Gillett Times in 1944. The two papers were merged in 1952. Back issues are popular with genealogists and local historians. With the papers housed at the library, they will be more accessable to patrons. Any one wishing an obituary or article can call the library or email the library from its new website at OcntoFallslibrary.org.