Thank you for considering donating to Oconto Falls Community Library.
The Library accepts donations of new or gently used books (hardcover and quality paperback books), media materials (DVD, CD, audiobooks), and reserves the right to reject materials for any reason. All donations are subject to the provisions listed below:
- Donated items become the property of Oconto Falls Community Library.
- Materials donated to the Library must be unconditional and they are non-returnable.
- The Library is under no obligation to add materials to the collection or to notify the donor of disposition of items.
- Donated items may be reviewed for possible addition to the Library collection, based on condition and relevance to collection guidelines and policies.
- Items not added to the collection may be given to the Friends of Oconto Falls Library to sell at book sales. The proceeds benefit the Library.
Damaged, incomplete, soiled or musty books; Reader’s Digest condensed books, textbooks, encyclopedias, VHS, cassettes, and out-of-date nonfiction books will not be accepted. The staff may recommend that the patron take these items to other used book sales or the recycling center.
The Library encourages donations of materials not readily available for purchase. For example, items of local history might only be obtained through donations. However, some of these items may be inappropriate for the collection. Therefore, the Library will not make commitments to keep donations as part of the collection until the material has been examined. Due to limited shelving space, only items that are deemed to enhance the Library’s holdings will be accepted for the collection
Donations may be tax deductible. However, by law, Library staff cannot determine the value of a donation for IRS purposes. We will provide a form acknowledging the donation you made to the Library
The Oconto Falls Community Library gratefully accepts gifts, monetary donations, endowments, bequests and trusts. These funds are used to purchase materials which add breadth and depth to the library collections and for equipment and improvements which facilitate use of the library by customers and staff. Gifts may be given as a memorial, and may also be given to celebrate a birthday, anniversary, or other occasion. Suggestions for specific donations are welcomed by the library but the final decision, based on library holdings and the library’s mission, rests with the library board.